Pages

Why? my blog title "Better2me"

As a woman, mother, and wife my first instinct is to take care of those around me. I nurture those I love in many ways through out the day, but sometimes find myself neglecting me. Recently I realized that I need to nurture myself as well. So this blog is about ME!!!!! What fills my heart; my simple life of kids, husband, animals, home, and creativity. For being better2me leads me to be better to those I love.

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

First Chemo

 Yesterday morning Kev and I were at the hospital at 645 for a heart echo. I was scared when she needed to insert an iv and get a better picture of things as I was worried she found something wrong, but she assured me it had to do with not seeing a clear picture because of my breast tissue and such.  She stated they do it on about sixty percent of patients and as I left she said good luck at your chemo today, which made me think all was clear.

Went to see Teena who walked us through the whole cancer book, what to expect, etc.  She then walked me to the chemo room upstair, Kev had to stay behind on this due to Covid.  It is a nice open room with individual cubbies with a chair that lays back.  Usually they will access your port, take a blood sample which takes an hour to analyze, so you go back to the drs office and see him why you wait, or you just hang out.  When the blood work comes back good, you are give two bags of nausea medicine in your port and then the first chemo, which is bright red and is pushed through two large syringes.  During this you have to suck on ice chips so that sores don't form in you mouth.  Then the last bag takes thirty minutes and you are done.  

Once home, I went through a bunch of things.  My head felt like it had a vice pushing it, my body felt like it was so heavy.  I felt like I needed to eat something because I was nauseas , so I ate a third of one of the burritos Keaton brought me and then my stomach hurt so.  I had a period that I was so cold, I could barely handle it, especially my toes.  I took an edible and climbed into bed at 730.  I then had a period where I couldn't swallow.  Luckily all these things lasted a certain amount of time and where gone.  I slept through the night.  

I hear however the worse is yet to come, today I just feel shaky, but should become nauseous in the next couple days.  I plan on taking it easy.

One of the four worse down, 15 more in all to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

about me

Alta Loma, California, United States
I am a newly, 3 years, transplanted California, who has found her heart in Northern Idaho. Married to my better half, Kevin, for 34 years, we live on ten acres with a pond, a barn with 23 antique John Deer tractors, 18 chickens and four labs (3 fox red, 1 chocolate) My hubby took an early out from United during this Covid situation, but still works full time as a flight examiner, we are learning how to empty nest to its fullest. Only thing that would make life better is if our children and daughter in law lived closer.