Pages

Why? my blog title "Better2me"

As a woman, mother, and wife my first instinct is to take care of those around me. I nurture those I love in many ways through out the day, but sometimes find myself neglecting me. Recently I realized that I need to nurture myself as well. So this blog is about ME!!!!! What fills my heart; my simple life of kids, husband, animals, home, and creativity. For being better2me leads me to be better to those I love.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Passing on life lessons...........

My 18 year old son, Kellan, came storming through the garage door, metaphoric steam rising from his being. When I asked him what was wrong he threw his hands up in disgust and uttered one word...."Fe", as he exited through the patio door and into the night.

Seconds later his girlfriend, Fe, came striding through the garage door with anger and frustration emanating from her every pore. I asked her the same question and received a somewhat garbled response "YOUR SON...(unrecognizable word in her native German language).....ARROGANT......(another German word that I thought I knew, but can't be repeated)......PHYSICS....!!!!!! As she stormed upstairs.

I thought to myself, yes, he is my son. Yes, he can be arrogant. And yes, he is all about physics....so glad that is cleared up;)

Enter Kellan again, still steamed. As he walked by I uttered a simple sentence,

"I hear that you are being arrogant about physics, my son?"

Fire flew from his mouth as he began to tell me his side of the story........

"You have no idea how stubborn she can be. We were discussing the fact that if you put a shirt in a plastic bag and sucked out all the air what would happen? She said it would curl up on the edges and I stated no, that because of physics, it would not.....I tried to explain it to her,but she wouldn't listen........"

At this point the giggle, that started when I realized what they were fighting about, could not be contained and erupted like a volcano.

"What are you laughing at!," indignantly exclaimed Kellan.

"Who cares if it curls or doesn't,," I gasped through tears of laughter.

Kellan finally getting the stupidity of the fight, caught my contagious laughter and soon we were both rolling on the floor.

Fe hearing us, came down to investigate and soon too was caught in our web of silliness, laughing so hard she leaned against Kellan and they both fell on the couch into each others arms.

When the laughter subsided I heard each apologize to the other for the stupidity of making a mountain out of a molehill and later when they exited the room I heard Kellan tell Fe.

"Next time we have a fight, we have to come see my mom, she can fix anything" and we all three smiled:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

about me

Alta Loma, California, United States
I am a newly, 3 years, transplanted California, who has found her heart in Northern Idaho. Married to my better half, Kevin, for 34 years, we live on ten acres with a pond, a barn with 23 antique John Deer tractors, 18 chickens and four labs (3 fox red, 1 chocolate) My hubby took an early out from United during this Covid situation, but still works full time as a flight examiner, we are learning how to empty nest to its fullest. Only thing that would make life better is if our children and daughter in law lived closer.