Pages

Why? my blog title "Better2me"

As a woman, mother, and wife my first instinct is to take care of those around me. I nurture those I love in many ways through out the day, but sometimes find myself neglecting me. Recently I realized that I need to nurture myself as well. So this blog is about ME!!!!! What fills my heart; my simple life of kids, husband, animals, home, and creativity. For being better2me leads me to be better to those I love.

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Keaton Takes Another Step.

 Friday Keaton flew to California so that on Saturday he could fly with Mark and get his CFI.  I am so proud of him.  He studied hard and is ready to be a flight instructor, he seems to have a real knack for it and really enjoys it.  I told him like I did as a teacher, I went to school, passed all the tests, but I didn't know how to teach until I got in there and actually did it.  He was exhausted, I think partly because he is worried about me.  

He knows that I like to have people around when I have anxiety, so he made sure he could pick up the Bonanza, which is in calif for maintenance first thing this morning and be home before nightfall.  Also the sweetest thing is that even being exhausted after the all day test, he went to Juanitas, my favorite fast food in calif, bought me a bunch of burritos and froze them to bring to me.  I love that boy so much.  


Also I had a bone scan on Thursday,  I felt like God had it as that came clearly to me, but still I was scared.  I had to get radioactive dye in my vein and then go back three hours later.  The young man who did the scan had a breast cancer symbol tattoo for his mother and we spoke a lot about different things.  He new I was scared and as I left after the test, he stated that "You are going to do awesome." I took that as a good omen and that perhaps he had seen nothing.  

That night at five Dr Allen called to give me the good news, negative.  He also said I shouldn't be worried about the CT scan on Tuesday because he was confident it was clear.  I have to have an MRI on my breast to make sure it is two tumors or one.  

Tomorrow starts chemo.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

about me

Alta Loma, California, United States
I am a newly, 3 years, transplanted California, who has found her heart in Northern Idaho. Married to my better half, Kevin, for 34 years, we live on ten acres with a pond, a barn with 23 antique John Deer tractors, 18 chickens and four labs (3 fox red, 1 chocolate) My hubby took an early out from United during this Covid situation, but still works full time as a flight examiner, we are learning how to empty nest to its fullest. Only thing that would make life better is if our children and daughter in law lived closer.