Pages

Why? my blog title "Better2me"

As a woman, mother, and wife my first instinct is to take care of those around me. I nurture those I love in many ways through out the day, but sometimes find myself neglecting me. Recently I realized that I need to nurture myself as well. So this blog is about ME!!!!! What fills my heart; my simple life of kids, husband, animals, home, and creativity. For being better2me leads me to be better to those I love.

Friday, May 21, 2021

 Have been waiting for the bone scan and ct scan to come back, so I can get on with dealing just with the breast cancer.  Of course, something else had to enter the picture.  The bone scan came back clear, the ct scan came back all clear, except for a spot on my colon.  At first the nurse told me the radiologist had put that it could be poop.  Then I got a call from another nurse that the dr wanted to get a colonoscopy to make sure.  I panicked because a similar thing happened last time I had uterine, they stated that colon cancer could be connected and that since my father and grandfather had colon cancer that I was at risk.  

I called Teena, the drs assistant, and she understand my concern.  She spoke with the dr this morning and he put in the referral with my surgeon, the same one that did my port, which I found so interesting.  She called me this afternoon and I shouldn't have asked questions cuz it scared me more.  She read what the radiologist had stated that it was a different image then any of the other areas of the colon, but could be poop.  She stated that it could be nothing, it could be a pre cancerous polyp, it could be breast cancer, it could be colon cancer.

I find it unlikely to be breast cancer as I would think it would show up somewhere else first, and I just had a colonoscopy four years ago, so even if it is colon cancer it can't be bad.   

I don't want it to be breast cancer.  

She was honest so as not to get my hopes up, but I wish I didn't know.

She stated that the dr had done it first thing in the morning, but didn't seem too concerned about it.  

I will call Monday and see if I can get a colonoscopy next week, because it has to be done at the end of my chemo cycle and if not then I will have to wait two more weeks.  She said it was not urgent, but to me it is.  I need to focus on getting through the chemo and such and not other things.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

about me

Alta Loma, California, United States
I am a newly, 3 years, transplanted California, who has found her heart in Northern Idaho. Married to my better half, Kevin, for 34 years, we live on ten acres with a pond, a barn with 23 antique John Deer tractors, 18 chickens and four labs (3 fox red, 1 chocolate) My hubby took an early out from United during this Covid situation, but still works full time as a flight examiner, we are learning how to empty nest to its fullest. Only thing that would make life better is if our children and daughter in law lived closer.